Lincoln Repair in Mount Pleasant, Iowa
A Brief History of Lincoln
On the roads of Mount Pleasant, Winfield, Salem, New London, and Fort Madison, you’ve probably passed a Lincoln driving alongside you.
Lincoln Motor Company was founded in August 1917 by Henry Leland and his son Wilfred. The company was named after President Abraham Lincoln. Lincoln’s first vehicle, the Lincoln Model L, was released on September 16, 1920. However, the company began sinking as they could not keep up with the demand for automobiles. As a result of their production turmoil, Lincoln Motor Company was purchased by Ford Motor Company on February 4, 1922, for $8 million and effectively brought back from the brink of folding.
The Ford company decided to feature Lincoln as their luxury line in order to compete with General Motors’ Cadillac. Under Ford, the Lincoln Model L went through significant changes and in 1923, Lincoln produced 7,875 cars, operating at a profit by the end of the year. In 1931, the Lincoln Model K was released, and Lincoln became the first American car make to exclusively release vehicles with V12 engines. Along with the Model K, Lincoln also came out with the Zephyr, which introduced an all-new body style for a vehicle.
Due to the success of both the Model K and the Zephyr, Lincoln sales multiplied from 1935 to 1936. On April 30, 1940, Ford Motor Company reorganized Lincoln Motor Company, making it the Lincoln Division of Ford Motor Company in order to keep up with the economy after the Great Depression. As part of this change, the Lincoln Continental, originally a one-off vehicle designed specifically for Edsel Ford, came into production on the assembly line, replacing hand-made production.
Today’s Lincoln vehicles include:
- Lincoln MKC: Lincoln’s entry-level compact crossover that was released in 2013. The car is known for its luxurious cabin, elegant body, and distinctive grille. The Lincoln MKC uses a 6-speed automatic transmission.
- Lincoln Corsair: The Corsair is similar to the MKC but has an 8-speed automatic transmission. The name is inspired by the Latin word cursus, meaning journey. If your Corsair needs engine repair or anything else, you can bring it to Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc in Mount Pleasant.
- Lincoln Nautilus: The Lincoln Nautilus is a unique choice from the Lincoln lineup that offers distinct American flavor with a touch of Lincoln sedan styling from decades ago. Prospective owners should expect a plush drive experience and spacious interior.
- Lincoln Navigator: The Lincoln Navigator is a full-size, body-on-frame SUV that has the most powerful engine to ever appear on a Lincoln. The car was Gear Patrol’s Vehicle of the Year in 2018. At Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc we can perform brake repair, brake service, and more on your Lincoln Navigator.
- Lincoln MKT: The Lincoln MKT is a full-size wagon-like crossover that is popular among limousine fleets. It offers a modern and luxurious appeal rarely found in other vehicles. MKT drivers enjoy many features such as heated seats, an 8-inch infotainment system, panoramic sunroof, and safety features such as blind-spot monitoring, adaptive cruise control, and automated emergency braking.
- Lincoln Aviator: The Aviator is Lincoln’s three-row midsize crossover that is based on the new Ford Explorer. The car comes in six or eight seat configurations and 18 cubic feet of storage. When your Aviator needs engine repair or anything else, bring it to our Award Winning technicians at Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc.
Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc: Your Trusted Shop for Lincoln Repair
When the time comes to bring your Lincoln in for repairs, we’re here to help. We perform services in all aspects of auto repair, including scheduled maintenance and tune-ups. Since 1996, we have taken a dignified and sensitive approach to auto repair, treating each and every customer with respect. We are very transparent about the services we think your vehicle needs and will never recommend any service that isn’t absolutely necessary. If you are in the 52641 area or nearby, don’t hesitate to bring your Lincoln to Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc today!
Here Are Some Reasons Why You Should Choose Us:
- Locally owned and operated since 1996
- Only OEM and OEM-approved parts/components
- Local Shuttle Service
- Free WiFi, refreshments, and child-friendly waiting area
- Excellent reviews based on feedback from hundreds of satisfied customers
To make an appointment with Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc in Mount Pleasant, you can give us a call at 319-986-5193 or do so online .
For a full range of auto repairs in Mt. Pleasant, IA, count on the team of professionals at Brad Holtkamp Automotive!