GMC Repair in Mount Pleasant, Iowa
Whether you are driving on rough terrain or going on a road trip, driving a GMC vehicle means you are equipped for any adventure. If you live in Mount Pleasant, Winfield, Salem, New London, or Fort Madison, you can bring your GMC vehicle to Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc for engine repair, brake service, or any other service your GMC might need.
A Brief History of GMC
General Motors Company (GMC) is a division of the American automobile manufacturer General Motors that primarily focuses on trucks and utility vehicles. GMC traces its history to 1902 with the founding of the Rapid Vehicle Motor Company in Pontiac, Michigan. William C. Durant gained control of the Rapid Vehicle Motor Company and integrated it with his General Motors Company. In 1925, GM purchased a controlling interest in Yellow Coach, a bus and taxicab manufacturer in Illinois, and was renamed GMC Truck and Coach Division. GMC maintained three locations in Pontiac, Michigan, Oakland, California, and St. Louis, Missouri. During World War II, GMC was a significant contributor to the U.S. effort, producing over 600,000 trucks for the American Armed Forces.
GMC faced some financial hardship in the 1980s that resulted in the merger of their former cornerstone, the Truck and Coach division, with GM Worldwide Truck and Bus Group. Unfortunately the move proved not to be enough to save production and by the 80s, GM withdrew from the bus and coach market because of increased competition in the marketplace. This move did prod the company to re-focus efforts on passenger vehicles, which proved to be successful.
In 1998, GMC’s branding on their cars was shortened from “GMC Trucks” to simply “GMC.” In 2002, GMC celebrated its 100-year anniversary and released a book called GMC: The First Hundred Years, which outlined its company history in detail.
In 2007, GMC introduced the Acadia, a crossover SUV, and the Terrain, a mid-size crossover SUV which along with the Yukon continue to be popular models you see on the roads of Mount Pleasant today.
Today, GMC makes pickup trucks, SUVs, vans, and light duty trucks. The models manufactured by GMC today include:
- GMC Terrain: The GMC Terrain is a mid-size CUV that delivers in both style and performance. The GMC Terrain has distinct C-shaped lights, offering a unique and attractive look that will also help illuminate dark or foggy roads and has spacious interiors. In 2015, the GMC Terrain won Most Dependable Compact SUV by J.D. Power and Associates and in 2016 and 2017 it took home an award for Highest Quality Compact SUV. In 2019, the Terrain won Best Performance by a Compact SUV by J.D. Power and Associates. When your Terrain needs brake repair, brake service, or any other repair, do not hesitate to bring it to Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc in Henry County.
- GMC Sierra: This pickup truck delivers both in design and performance. The GMC Sierra’s unique design is crafted both to perform and make a lasting impression. The Sierra has been ranked the most dependable light load and heavy load pickup truck in 2015 by J.D. Power and Associates, best performance for a heavy load pickup truck in 2016 and 2018.
- GMC Acadia: Today’s mid-size crossover Acadia can seat seven people and tow up to 4,000 pounds. The car comes equipped with 79 cubic feet of cargo space, lane change assist, and a rear-view camera. All Acadias will eventually need essential services such as brake service. When the time comes to get these services done, come to Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc.
- GMC Yukon: The GMC Yukon provides a commanding presence on the road. Its enormity shows the large capacity and engineering capability of the GMC team. The car can seat either 8 or 9 people, depending on which version you purchase. The Yukon took home awards from J.D. Power and Associates for Most Dependable Large SUV in 2015 and 2016 and Best Performance for a large SUV in 2017.
- GMC Canyon: A mid-size pickup truck, the modern GMC Canyon can tow up to 7,700 pounds and was Motor Trend’s Truck of the Year in 2015 and 2016. When your Canyon needs transmission repair, brake service, or anything else, you can come to Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc in Mount Pleasant.
Your Award Winning Auto Repair Shop for GMC Repair
GMC has a large range of models that require extensive services. When the time comes to bring your GMC in for repairs, Mount Pleasant residents can come to Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc. We’ve been specializing in GMC repair since 1996 and can take care of your car, bumper to bumper. Our team of expertly trained mechanics are up to date on the latest automotive technology and will deliver high-quality service, every time.
Here are some reasons why you should choose us:
- Locally owned and operated since 1996
- Only OEM and OEM-approved parts/components
- Local Shuttle Service
- Free WiFi, refreshments, and child-friendly waiting area
- Excellent reviews based on feedback from hundreds of satisfied customers
Don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with us today! You can schedule an appointment online or give us a call at 319-986-5193.
For a full range of auto repairs in Mt. Pleasant, IA, count on the team of professionals at Brad Holtkamp Automotive!