Ford Repair in Mount Pleasant, Iowa
Driving around Mount Pleasant, you’ve no doubt come to appreciate how your trusted Ford gets you reliably from place to place. Whether you’re heading to work, college or somewhere else, you need a trusted Ford repair shop standing by to keep it in terrific form. If you are are a Mount Pleasant local or reside in the surrounding area, the shop you can trust is Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc.
A Brief History of Ford
Ford was founded by the famous Henry Ford on June 16, 1903. Successful right out of the gate, the company made $30,000 in profit just three months after its founding. In 1908, Henry Ford released the Model T, which was made with his innovative assembly system. Before the efficiency created by the assembly line was applied to vehicle production, one car was produced every few days. By contrast, with the Ford assembly system, 10,000 Model T’s were produced in a single year!
Ford introduced the first moving assembly line in 1913 and the company’s output grew dramatically as a result. By 1920, vehicle production would exceed one million per year – an almost unfathomable number just a few years prior. To keep up with this immense demand, Ford paid his workers well and cut shifts from nine to eight hours a day during the five-day work week. For all these reasons and more, Ford is not only famous as a vehicle manufacturer, but for their innovations in labor and workforce modernization as well.
Even after Henry Ford ceded control of the company to his grandson, Henry Ford II, in the 1940s, the company experienced continued growth and success. In 1956, Ford became a publicly traded corporation and was also awarded their first “Car of the Year” award from Motor Trend. The iconic Ford Mustang went on sale in 1964; the Mustang’s hugely successful launch made it one of the fastest-selling cars in history, and remains an American cultural icon. Two years later, Ford broke Ferrari’s six-year winning streak at Le Mans, becoming the first American manufacturer to win the race.
In 1980, Phillip Caldwell became the first non-Ford family member to take over the company. In 1985, Ford introduced the Taurus, whose curved shape was unique from the boxy sedans of the time.
When the Ford Explorer came along in 1990, it was credited with making SUVs popular among Americans, continuing Ford’s legacy as an innovator in the automotive industry. Your Ford vehicle is built to be resilient, however it still needs some repairs occasionally, ranging from brake repair, to engine repair, and essentials such as brake service.
Some of the best Ford models to drive and own today are:
- Ford Taurus: The Taurus was manufactured by Ford for 36 years. It boasts plenty of trunk space, has an affordable price and provides a smooth and comfortable ride. The Taurus was on the 1986 Car and Driver Ten Best List and was the 1986 Motor Trend Car of the Year. In 2008, the Taurus was awarded Top Safety Pick ratings by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety and five-star ratings by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Ford Explorer: This SUV is known for its spacious interior that offers plenty of room for its seven passengers and its generous cargo space. In 1991, the Explorer was awarded Motor Trend’s Truck of the Year. The Explorer was also nominated for North American Car of the Year in 2006 and earned the North American Truck of the Year in 2011. We can perform a multitude of services on your Ford Explorer, including engine repair.
- Ford Fiesta: The Ford Fiesta has been in production since 1976 and comes as a sedan or a hatchback. The car is not only efficient and well-performing, but also agile and precise. The Fiesta was the first minicar to achieve Top Safety Pick by the U.S. Insurance Institute for Highway Safety and was Top Gear Magazine’s Car of the Year in 2019. When your Ford Fiesta needs transmission repair or another essential service, you can bring your car to us.
- Ford Fusion: The Ford Fusion is a midsize car that ranks well in performance and has an attractive design and a functional and comfortable cabin. The trunk also offers plenty of cargo space. The Fusion has won many awards, including the 2010 Motor Trend Car of the Year, the 2010 North American Car of the Year at the Detroit Auto Show, and the 2017 MotorWeek Driver’s Choice Award for Best Family Sedan. If your Ford Fusion needs brake service or anything else, don’t hesitate to bring it to Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc.
Your expertly trained Auto Repair Shop
When the time comes to bring your Ford in for repairs, you can bring it to Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc in Mount Pleasant. Our technicians take a dignified and sensitive approach to auto repair, treating each and every customer with respect. Whether your Ford car, truck, or SUV requires small service tweaks or a major automobile repair, every technician at Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc has the manufacturer level tools, knowledge, and experience to provide extraordinary Ford repair and service. We are transparent about the services we think your vehicle needs and will never recommend any service that isn’t absolutely necessary.
If you are in Mount Pleasant or surrounding areas, don’t hesitate to bring your Ford to Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc today! Since 1996, we’ve been serving Ford owners that live in Mount Pleasant, Winfield, Salem, New London, Fort Madison, and surrounding communities.
Here are some reasons why you should choose us:
- Locally owned and operated since 1996
- Only OEM and OEM-approved parts/components
- Local Shuttle Service
- Free WiFi, refreshments, and child-friendly waiting area
- Excellent reviews based on feedback from hundreds of satisfied customers
To make an appointment give us a call at 319-986-5193 or do so online by clicking the ‘Request Appointment’ button.
For a full range of auto repairs in Mt. Pleasant, IA, count on the team of professionals at Brad Holtkamp Automotive!