Chevrolet Repair in Mount Pleasant, Iowa
A Brief History of Chevrolet
Chevrolets are a common sight on the roads of Mount Pleasant and our surrounding towns. Chevrolet, colloquially known as Chevy, was founded on November 3, 1911 by Swiss race car driver and automotive engineer Louis Chevrolet and his business partner William C. Durant.
The first Chevrolet, the Series C Classic Six, debuted in 1913 at the New York Auto Show. The Chevrolet bowtie logo is said to have originated from a pattern Durant saw in his French hotel room. Over time, Chevrolet would use several different iterations of the bowtie logo at the same time, often using blue for passenger cars, gold for trucks, and an outline (often in red) for cars that had performance packages.
In 1916, Durant purchased a controlling interest in General Motors. After the deal was completed in 1917, Durant became president of General Motors, and Chevrolet was merged into GM as a separate division. From there, Chevrolet’s factories were located in Flint, Michigan, and branch assembly locations were located in Tarrytown, New York, Norwood, Ohio, St. Louis, Missouri, Oakland, California, and Fort Worth, Texas. Beginning in 1919, GMC commercial trucks were rebranded as Chevrolet.
One significant contribution made to the automotive industry by Chevrolet was the pioneering and introduction of the small-block V8 engine in 1955. This basic engine concept has remained in continuous production since that time, longer than any other mass-produced engine design in the global automotive industry. In 1953, Chevrolet produced the much-beloved and iconic Corvette, a two-seater sports car with a fiberglass body. By 1963, one in ten motorists in the United States was driving a Chevrolet. In the 1960s and 70s, Chevrolet had become one of America’s best-selling car brands. Whether you are in Mount Pleasant, Winfield, Salem, New London, or Fort Madison, you can bring your Chevy to Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc for any repairs and services.
Popular Chevrolet Models Today
At Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc in Mount Pleasant, Iowa, 52641 have been fixing Chevys since 1996 and are familiar with all Chevrolet models. Some Chevrolet models we service are:
- Chevy Volt: The Volt is a plug-in hybrid that was ranked as the number one Used Hybrid Car under $15k by U.S. News and World Report. This everyday hybrid car seamlessly switches from electric to gas-powered and has an extensive driving range and impressive safety features.
- Chevy Malibu: A staple sedan in the Chevy lineup since 1964, the Chevy Malibu guarantees reliability and durability. This four-door sedan has great fuel economy and has won several awards, including the 2008 North American Car of the Year at the North American International Auto Show and the Top Safety Pick in 2012 and 2015 from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. If your Malibu needs a tune up, brake repair or anything else, don’t hesitate to bring it to Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc.
- Chevy Camaro: The Chevy Camaro is an iconic muscle car that comes with amazing features like keyless entry, power reclining seats, and cruise control. The Camaro has been around since 1966 and has been featured several times in popular culture, including as the vehicle mode of Bumblebee in the Transformers series, as Hot Wheel cars, and as a Lego car.
- Chevy Equinox: The Chevy Equinox is a popular crossover SUV that is affordable and good quality. With a great fuel economy, the Equinox is considered the 2019 Highest Ranked Compact SUV in Initial Quality and has received the “Most Dependable Compact SUV” award. In addition, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration gave the Equinox a 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score in both 2018 and 2019. As dependable as this car is, all vehicles eventually need to be brought in for repairs. If your Equinox needs brake service, transmission repair, or anything else, you can bring it to our Award Winning technicians at Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc.
- Chevy Tahoe: The 2010 Chevy Tahoe earned a Top Spot on U.S. News and World Report‘s Used Large SUVs under $30k. The Tahoe comes in both standard and hybrid forms, the hybrid being the most fuel-efficient hybrid SUV on the market. The Chevy Tahoe received the J.D. Power 2019 Initial Quality Study and 2018 Kelley Blue Book’s 5-Year Cost to Own Awards.
- Chevy Suburban: A larger version of the Chevy Tahoe, the Chevy Suburban has ranked high in dependability, affordability and reliability. The Chevy Suburban actually has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, the first vehicle to do so. The Suburban has appeared in various classic films and television shows. Hollywood picture car coordinator Dennis McCarthy says the Chevy Suburban is “one of the most versatile vehicles in the business, able to fit with any type of character. It can also help instantly give a scene added importance. When a convoy of black Suburbans appears on screen, you know that’s not the time to leave your seat to buy popcorn.”
Your Local Experts Shop for Chevrolet Repair
Chevrolet has a large range of vehicles that require comprehensive services. When the moment comes to bring your Chevrolet in for repairs, Mount Pleasant residents go to Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc. We specialize in Chevrolet repair and can take care of your car, bumper to bumper. Our team of Award Winning auto technicians are up-to-date on the most recent automotive technology and will certainly provide top notch service. Whether your Silverado requires brand-new round joints, your Equinox’s check engine light turns on, or your Impala has a power steering fluid leak, we’ve got what it takes to get your Chevrolet repair service done right. We also provide services in brake service, engine repair, and more.
Why Should You Choose Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc?
- Locally owned and operated since 1996
- Only OEM and OEM-approved parts/components
- Local Shuttle Service
- Free WiFi, refreshments, and child-friendly waiting area
- Excellent reviews based on feedback from hundreds of satisfied customers
Do not wait to schedule a visit with us today! You can set up an appointment online or give us a call at 319-986-5193.
For a full range of auto repairs in Mt. Pleasant, IA, count on the team of professionals at Brad Holtkamp Automotive!