BMW Repair in Mount Pleasant, Iowa
A Brief History of BMW
Plenty of Mount Pleasant, Winfield, Salem, New London, and Fort Madison residents drive BMWs, and there’s a rich history behind the popular car brand. Originally an engine manufacturer, BMW released its first vehicle, a motorcycle, in 1923. Throughout the 1930s, BMW expanded its range to sports cars and larger luxury cars. The BMW 3/20, released in 1932, was the first BMW automobile designed completely by BMW. Four years later, BMW released its first four-door sedan, the BMW 326.
After World War II, BMW resumed automobile production and released the BMW 501 in 1951. After some revisions, the car was re-released as the BMW 501A and resulted in a doubling of sales. In the mid 1950s, BMW bought a license to manufacture Issetas, an Italian “bubble car” that had become popular in Europe. More than ten thousand Issetas were sold in 1955 alone. However, for a few years BMW was unable to compete with its competitors and was nearing the point of bankruptcy. In 1960, the development program began for a new range of models, called the “Neue Klasse” (New Class) project, which is credited for saving the BMW company. BMW released New Class four-door sedans in 1962, officially establishing its identity as sports sedan producers. In 1968, production of the BMW M30 engine began, BMW’s first straight-six engine since World War II which would remain in production for 24 years. Four years later, the first generation of the BMW 5 series mid-size sedans were introduced to replace the New Class sedans. BMW’s first SUV, the X5, was introduced in 1999. Although different from its typical sports cars, the X5 sold very well and resulted in other SUVs being introduced in the coming years. We at Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc in Henry County have been servicing BMW’s since 1996, so we can take care of your car, bumper to bumper.
With over 15 models on the market today, BMWs are known for the smooth drive they provide, their standout look, and their quiet purring engines. If your BMW ever needs brake service, or anything else, don’t hesitate to come to Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc in Henry County.
The current vehicle series’ BMW has include:
- 2 Series: BMW’s sporty, entry-level subcompact vehicle in the U.S. It comes in both coupe and convertible body styles.
- 3 Series: BMW’s best-selling vehicle of all time. The first generation released in 1976, this compact sedan is what BMW is known for.
- 4 Series: A variant from the 3 Series, introduced in 2014. It comes in two-door coupe, four-door gran coupe and convertible editions.
- 5 Series: BMW’s mid-size sedan, introduced in 1972.
- 6 Series: A variant from the 5 Series that has “curves that captivate, power that astounds, and the attitude to capture attention.”
- 7 Series: A full-size luxury sedan.
- 8 Series: BMW’s luxury grand tourer. It’s available in both coupe and convertible body styles.
- Z4: BMW’s small roadster. The “Z” stands for “zukunft,” which is German for “future.” If your Z4 ever needs brake repair and you’re in Mount Pleasant or Winfield, don’t hesitate to bring it to Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc.
- X1: BMW’s entry-level subcompact crossover. Car and Driver named it one of their 10 best Trucks and SUVs for 2019.
- X2: A sportier, driving-oriented subcompact crossover. It’s lower to the ground than the X1. It has a sleeker “coupe” body shape and less cargo space. As sleek as the X2 is, it will eventually need repairs. If your car needs transmission repair or anything else, you can come to Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc in Henry County.
- X3: BMW’s compact SUV. It was introduced in 2003, and the third generation was introduced for the 2018 model year.
- X4: A sportier version of the X3, with a sloping coupe body style. We at Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc have performed plenty of services on BMW X4’s, including engine repair and brake service.
- X5: BMW’s midsize SUV. It was the first BMW SUV, introduced in 1999.
- X6: BMW’s midsize crossover coupe. BMW says it is the “commanding sports activity coupe” with “striking looks, aggressive stance, and large proportions.” Whether your X6 needs engine repair or something else, you can bring it to us and we will repair your vehicle with great care and efficiency.
- X7: BMW’s first full-size three-row SUV. It’s the largest BMW ever built.
- i3: BMW’s subcompact all-electric vehicle.
- i8: A plug-in hybrid performance roadster BMW launched in 2014. It comes in both Coupe and Roadster editions.
If you have a BMW in need of repairs, you can bring it to Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc in Mount Pleasant today!
Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc: Your expertly trained Shop for BMW Repair
Eventually, all vehicles need to be brought in for repairs. Whatever your needs are, you can take your BMW to Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc. Proudly serving residents of Mount Pleasant, Iowa, 52641 and surrounding areas since 1996, our owner Brad Holtkamp makes sure our expertly trained technicians go through extensive automotive repair training. At Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc, our number one goal is complete customer satisfaction, and we will make sure your vehicle is taken care of with top-notch service and also efficiently and cost-effectively.
Here are some reasons why you should choose us:
- Locally owned and operated since 1996
- Only OEM and OEM-approved parts/components
- Local Shuttle Service
- Free WiFi, refreshments, and child-friendly waiting area
- Excellent reviews based on feedback from hundreds of satisfied customers
If you are in or nearby Mount Pleasant, feel free to give us a call at 319-986-5193 or go to click the ‘Request Appointment’ button to schedule an appointment today!
For a full range of auto repairs in Mt. Pleasant, IA, count on the team of professionals at Brad Holtkamp Automotive.