Transmission Repair & Service in Mount Pleasant, Iowa, 52641
Unless you drive a stick shift vehicle from Toyota, Honda, Ford, Hyundai or another car make, your vehicle probably has an automatic transmission system. The main job of your vehicle’s transmission is to allow the engine to operate at peak efficiency and power while providing a wide range of output speeds. The transmission uses gears to make a more efficient use of the engine’s torque and keep the engine operating at an appropriate speed. Automatic transmissions contain a planetary gearset which creates all the different gear ratios that the transmission can produce. There are two planetary gearsets in an automatic transmission. If you are in Mount Pleasant, Winfield, Salem, New London, or Fort Madison, you can bring your vehicle to Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc in Henry County for expert transmission repair. We can decide if your vehicle needs a transmission replacement, if your transmission needs to be rebuilt, or if it can simply be repaired. In addition to transmission service, we also offer services in clutch repair, clutch replacement, differential service, repair and replacement, and axle replacement.
How do I know if my vehicle needs a transmission repair?
Whether you have an SMG transmission, a CVT transmission, or something else, we at Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc in Mount Pleasant recommend changing your vehicle’s transmission fluid every 30,000 to 50,000 miles. Some signs that something is wrong with your transmission include:
- Your vehicle makes screeching or clunking noises: If your transmission fluid is breaking down or there is an internal problem with your transmission, it’s likely you’ll hear these noises coming from your vehicle.
- Your “Check Engine” light is on: While this could mean a number of things, the “Check Engine” indicator is your vehicle’s way of telling you there is a problem, which could be with your transmission.
- Your vehicle won’t cooperate when in gear: If there is a delay in your car responding when you change gears, your transmission fluid could be breaking down or there may be a problem with your vehicle’s computer system. However, if neither of these things are the problem, there is an issue with the transmission itself.
- There is a grinding or shaking sensation when you change gears: If your car grinds or shakes when you change gears, there is an issue with your transmission. This problem usually gets worse with time, so it is best practice to bring your vehicle to an auto repair shop as soon as you notice this problem.
- You notice a burning smell coming from your vehicle: A burning smell is a possible sign that your transmission fluid is overheating. This can happen when there is not enough transmission fluid in your car (which could indicate a leak) or the wrong type of transmission fluid is in your vehicle.
Your transmission is integral to a safe driving experience, so when the time comes to get it repaired, serviced or replaced, you can bring your vehicle to Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc. We will perform a comprehensive inspection of your vehicle to determine if any other services are required, such as engine repair, or scheduled maintenance. Serving residents of Henry County and beyond, we follow our mantra For a full range of auto repairs in Mt. Pleasant, IA, count on the team of professionals at Brad Holtkamp Automotive daily. Our number one goal is to provide high-quality customer service and repair services to every customer, every day.
Your Award Winning Shop for Transmission Repair
If you are having an issue with your transmission, Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc in Mount Pleasant is your place to go. Founded in 1996, our team of expertly trained technicians and owner Brad Holtkamp have decades of combined experience and are experts in all things auto repair. Not only can we repair your transmission – we can provide general maintenance services, such as oil changes and fluid services too.
Why choose us:
- Locally owned and operated since 1996
- Only OEM and OEM-approved parts/components
- Local Shuttle Service
- Free WiFi, refreshments, and child-friendly waiting area
- We have excellent reviews based on feedback from hundreds of satisfied customers.
If you are in the 52641 area or nearby, don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc, either online or via phone at 319-986-5193.
For a full range of auto repairs in Mt. Pleasant, IA, count on the team of professionals at Brad Holtkamp Automotive!