Hybrid Services in Mount Pleasant, Iowa
Hybrid vehicles by manufacturers such as Toyota, Honda, Chevrolet are increasingly popular with today’s drivers due to their fuel-efficiency and reduced carbon footprint. They are also a great option for motorists who are interested in driving an electric vehicle, but concerned about the limited range they may have.
Even though hybrid vehicles are known for their dependability, like any car it will eventually need maintenance service or repairs. When that time comes, you can be confident that Brad Holtkamp‘s team of expertly trained technicians are experienced with hybrid vehicles and will use OEM and name-brand aftermarket parts for hybrid repairs.
How do hybrid vehicles work?
Hybrid vehicles have both an internal combustion engine and a battery-powered electric motor. There is no need to plug in your hybrid vehicle. The batteries are charged by the regenerative braking systems and the engine. The electric motor provides additional power and allows the vehicle to run solely on electric power at slow speeds. This allows hybrid vehicles to have smaller engines and be more fuel-efficient when compared to vehicles that run solely on a standard internal combustion engine.
Different types of hybrid vehicles
- Mild hybrids: This hybrid system primarily relies on the internal combustion engine. The electric motor is only designed to assist with idling, coasting, and braking. The two power sources cannot be used interdependently. Some Mercedes, Audi, and Honda vehicles use this technology in their hybrid cars.
- Full hybrids: This hybrid system relies on a much larger electric motor system. The system switches between the two power sources to maximize fuel savings. Hybrid vehicles like the Toyota Prius use this system.
- Plug-in hybrids: The plug-in hybrid has an additional battery that can be charged and give more pure electric range to your vehicle. The vehicle switches back to the regular full hybrid system if the battery is depleted. Some plug-in hybrid vehicles include the Chevrolet Volt and the Toyota Prius Prime.
Your Award Winning Shop for Hybrid Repair
Whether you’re commuting, running errands or enjoying a scenic weekend journey, you depend on your hybrid vehicle to get you to your destination safely and without fail. Here at Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc, the expertly trained hands of our certified technicians will take excellent care of your hybrid. We have been in business since 1996, and are proud to deliver long-lasting hybrid repairs to drivers not only in Mount Pleasant but across the county and beyond.
Here’s a few reasons our hybrid customers love us:
- Locally owned and operated since 1996
- Only OEM and OEM-approved parts/components
- Local Shuttle Service
- We have excellent reviews based on feedback from hundreds of satisfied customers.
- Free WiFi, refreshments, and child-friendly waiting area
Don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc in Mount Pleasant today! You can do so online or by giving us a call at 319-986-5193.
For a full range of auto repairs in Mt. Pleasant, IA, count on the team of professionals at Brad Holtkamp Automotive.