Factory Scheduled Maintenance in Mount Pleasant, Iowa, 52641
Every car needs to get recommended factory scheduled maintenance to ensure reliability and proper operation. The typical maintenance schedule for most vehicles is the 30K, 60K, and 90K service intervals. These services may seem optional because your vehicle is most likely running smoothly, however, this regular maintenance ensures smooth running and can help avoid costly repairs in the future. These services include a thorough inspection of your vehicle, including air filter, fluids, electrical components, and more. We also perform tune-ups to make sure spark plugs and filters are operating correctly and providing trouble-free service for your vehicle. Whether you drive a Toyota, Honda, Ford, or Hyundai, it is important to follow your manufacturer’s factory schedule maintenance to avoid voiding the warranty and prevent more serious issues with your vehicle.
30,000 Mile Service
At around the 30k service interval, your vehicle is probably about two years old. Even though your vehicle is still relatively new, these are the services you should have performed on your vehicle before it hits 30,000 miles:
- Air Filter: Air filters ensure that harmful pollutants stay out of your vehicle’s engine. This protects your engine from possible damage and ensures that its performance is at its optimal level. A clogged air filter can make it more difficult for your engine to breathe. Getting your air filter changed every 15,000 to 30,000 miles is ideal. However, if you drive more in a dusty environment, it is recommended to replace the air filter earlier, such as every 15,000 miles.
- Fuel Filter: Fuel filters ensure that the fuel entering your engine is clean and will not damage your vehicle. Your engine will not run properly if your fuel filter is clogged, so it is important to replace this regularly. A clogged fuel filter could prevent fuel from reaching your engine.
- Oil changes: Avoid unnecessary damage to your engine by changing your oil regularly. Your engine needs clean oil to ensure all parts are running properly and are well lubricated. The interval for oil changes depends on the type of oil and what your manufacturer recommends, but at every factory-scheduled maintenance we check your oil to ensure that it is in perfect condition.
- Windshield wipers and blades: Windshield wipers are an essential part of your car. Wipers clear your windshield of rain, snow, and dirt and keep your windshield clean. With normal use, your wiper blades will undergo typical wear and tear. It is important to check and replace it if necessary to keep your windshield free of any debris.
60,000 Mile Service
Once your vehicle has reached the 60,000 miles mark, any clear major issues will be noticeable and can be remedied. The standard service from the 30k service interval will be provided as well as other services and detailed checks, including:
- Battery: The battery provides electricity for different components of your vehicle when your engine isn’t running and provides the electricity needed to start your engine. A vehicle battery’s lifetime is approximately four years, which is about the amount of time it takes to drive 60k miles.
- Brake Fluid: It is important to ensure that your brake fluid is free of any water and other contaminants. If your brake fluid is dirty, this could compromise your car’s braking system.
- Brake Pads: Brake pads are designed to get worn out as it rubs against the brake rotors. They are designed to last about 50,000 miles, so it is important to get them checked and replaced if necessary.
- Brake Rotors: The friction between the brake rotors and brake pads can generate a lot of heat. This heat could damage and warp your brake rotors, so it is important to get checked regularly to ensure that your vehicle’s braking is at its optimal performance.
- Coolant: Coolant is an essential fluid in your vehicle. This ensures that your engine will not overheat and keep the temperature stable. As you drive, you will start to lose some coolant. Therefore, it is important to get it refilled during your maintenance service.
- Transmission Fluid: Transmission fluids are designed to make changing gears as smooth as possible. If there isn’t enough fluid, your transmission can burn and cause damage to the gears. It is important to check that you have the right amount of transmission fluid.
90,000 Mile Service
- Hoses: Hoses are used to carry your coolant around. Eventually, the rubber on the hose will wear and can cause leaks to happen. Therefore, it is important to check on the quality of the hoses to prevent potential damage to your engine.
- Power Steering Fluid: Power steering fluid makes it easier and safer for you to steer your vehicle. If you notice that your steering is more difficult than usual, or if there is excessive noise, come to Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc to get your power steering fluid flushed out and replaced. We recommend that you replace it around every 75,000 miles.
- Spark Plugs/Ignition System: Spark plugs are used to start the ignition of your engine. Depending on the type of material your spark plug uses, it is important to get it checked out and replaced if necessary during your factory scheduled maintenance. We recommend that you replace copper spark plugs every 30,000 miles and titanium spark plugs every 90,000 to 100,000 miles.
- Timing Belt: Timing belts keep the valves and engine running. If there are issues with your timing belt, it could cause your engine to misfire and cause serious problems. Timing belts can wear out and break unexpectedly, so we recommend that you get them replaced every 90,000 miles.
Your Award Winning shop for factory scheduled maintenance
Oil changes, fluid purges, brake inspections, and filter replacements are important factory-recommended services that should be regularly performed on your vehicle. At Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc in Mount Pleasant, our expert technicians can provide these quick tune-up services for just about any make and model to improve the longevity and safety of your car.
Hundreds of happy drivers choose us for scheduled maintenance – here’s why
- Locally owned and operated since 1996
- Only OEM and OEM-approved parts/components
- Local Shuttle Service
- Excellent reviews based on feedback from hundreds of satisfied customers
- Free WiFi, refreshments, and child-friendly waiting area
If you are in the 52641 area or nearby, feel free to schedule an appointment with Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc today! We serve residents of Mount Pleasant, Winfield, Salem, New London, Fort Madison, and beyond. Our Award Winning technicians are well knowledgeable on factory scheduled maintenance for all types of makes. You can give us a call at 319-986-5193 or schedule an appointment with us online.
For a full range of auto repairs in Mt. Pleasant, IA, count on the team of professionals at Brad Holtkamp Automotive!