Cooling System Service & Repair in Mount Pleasant, Iowa
The cooling system of a vehicle helps cool the engine down as you drive. This is a very important and extensive task since your vehicle produces so much heat as you drive it. Without an effective cooling system, your engine would overheat and malfunction within minutes. If you’re concerned that your cooling system needs servicing or repairs, come to Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc in Mount Pleasant. Our owner Brad Holtkamp hires only the best technicians for all our services, including engine repair, radiator replacement and cooling system service and repair.
How does my vehicle’s cooling system work?
Your car’s cooling system distributes a liquid called coolant through the passages in the engine block. Also called antifreeze, coolant is powered by the water pump and cools the engine parts as it passes by, absorbing heat from these parts. This warm liquid then flows to the radiator, which is cooled by the air stream that enters the grille of the car. As it travels through the radiator, the coolant or antifreeze will cool down and will once again enter the engine to repeat the process again. Whether you drive a Toyota, Honda, Ford, or Hyundai, your vehicle’s cooling systems will work in the same way. At Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc in Mount Pleasant, we can perform a thorough inspection of your vehicle’s cooling system to ensure all parts, including the belts & hoses, radiator, and cooling liquid are working smoothly and efficiently. We can also replace your water pump or thermostat if needed.
How do I know if my car needs a cooling system service?
Here are some indicators that your car might need a cooling system service:
- The temperature level gauge reads hot. If your vehicle is running low on coolant or antifreeze or there is an issue with your overall cooling system, the temperature gauge on your dashboard will consistently run hot.
- Cooling system discoloration or corrosion. If your cooling system is leaking, warm coolant liquid can break out and drip down onto engine parts. The liquid will bubble up and evaporate, leaving some discoloration which, if not treated in a timely fashion, can lead to corrosion. Don’t hesitate to bring your car to Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc in Mount Pleasant if you notice any discoloration on your vehicle’s parts. We will perform a full inspection of your car and let you know if any additional services are needed, such as brake service and engine repair.
- Your coolant is leaking. If you see an intense green (or sometimes yellow or pink) fluid dripping from your car or truck, there is likely a problem with your cooling system.
- The vehicle is overheating. If you see steam billowing out from under your hood, this most likely suggests a cooling system problem.
If you are experiencing any of these signs, it is imperative that you bring your car or truck in for a cooling system service immediately.
Your expertly trained Shop for Cooling System Repair
Here at Brad Holtkamp Automotive Inc in Mount Pleasant, Iowa, 52641, we are experts in all things auto repair and can repair your cooling system efficiently and cost-effectively.
Why choose us:
- Locally owned and operated since 1996
- Only OEM and OEM-approved parts/components
- Local Shuttle Service
- We have excellent reviews from hundreds of satisfied customers
- Free WiFi, refreshments, and child-friendly waiting area
We prioritize top-quality customer service above all else. If you are in Mount Pleasant or surrounding areas, feel free to call us at 319-986-5193 or go online to schedule an appointment! Our mission is to exceed your expectations by earning your trust, and providing the most reliable, honest, and courteous service available in the market today.
For a full range of auto repairs in Mt. Pleasant, IA, count on the team of professionals at Brad Holtkamp Automotive!